How To Make Your Own Enzyme Cleaner For pennies
Commercial cleaners are loaded with synthetic fragrances, toxic chemicals, and other harmful ingredients. Many of these products are also bad for the environment. If you are looking for a healthier and more environmentally-friendly option, then you should consider making your own enzyme cleaner at home.
Enzyme cleaners are made with natural ingredients like sugar, water, and citrus peel. They are also safe to use around children and pets. In addition, enzyme cleaners are very effective at breaking down grease, soap scum, and other types of dirt and grime.
If you are interested in learning how to make your own enzyme cleaner, then read on!
Ingredients: – 2 cups of citrus peels (orange, lemon, or lime) – 3 tablespoons of brown sugar – 1 liter of water – A large sealable container – A blender Instructions:
1. First, gather your citrus peels. You can use any combination of orange, lemon, or lime peels. Make sure to remove any remaining fruit or pulp from the peels.
2. Cut the peels into small pieces and then add them to your blender. Pulse the blender a few times to chop up the peels.
3. Combine the chopped peels, brown sugar, and water in a large sealable container. Make sure that the container is large enough to hold all the ingredients and has a tight-fitting lid.
4. Seal the container and shake it vigorously to combine the ingredients.
5. Loosen the lid slightly to allow for gas to escape, but make sure to keep the container sealed. Fermentation will occur, and the gases need to vent out.
6. Store the container in a dark, cool place for around 3-4 weeks. During this time, the enzymes will break down the citrus peels and sugar, creating a natural cleaning solution.
7. After the 3-4 week period, strain the liquid through a cheesecloth or fine strainer to remove any solid debris.
8. Pour the liquid into a spray bottle and use it to clean around your home. It is best to use it within six months. Enzyme cleaners work best on surfaces such as countertops, floors, and bathrooms. The enzymes have the ability to break down organic matter such as grease, dirt, and grime while also eliminating bad odors. They are also great for cleaning up pet stains and getting rid of mold and mildew.
Choosing to make your own enzyme cleaner is a safer, healthier, and more environmentally-friendly option than using chemical-based commercial cleaners. It is also an easy and affordable DIY project that can help you to improve your household cleaning routine.